[Noisebridge-discuss] Bridging & routing used with VPNs.

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 17:18:29 UTC 2010

  I'd like to set up a VPN server and then cause all traffic
  from my laptop to go through the VPN.

  As step 2, I would want to ensure that only "non-local"
  traffic went through the VPN.

  Is there any reason to prefer bridging to routing in this
  scenario? It seems that bridging would bind the laptop NIC
  to a tun/tap device which is bound to a NIC on the server.
  This would prevent me from being able to handle local
  traffic differently from non-local traffic, if I understand
  it right.

--
Jason Dusek