[Noisebridge-discuss] ALCHEMY Interactive Art Event: Saturday, May 1 @ GAFFTA !!

Jean Rintoul jean.rintoul at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 00:07:51 UTC 2010

On Saturday night, there will be an awesome interactive art event at GAFFTA,
called Alchemy. It's put on by False Profit, and will have lots of new art
pieces, which haven't been seen before! I know Mary Franck, Michael Broxton,
RichDDT, Moldover and me are all presenting something new!

There will also be lots of fun activities, and.. finger puppets! You should
come along and check it out!

Check out the flyer here:
http://www.gaffta.org/2010/04/05/false-profits-alchemy/

Here are the details!

~~~~ ALCHEMY ~~~~
Unleash Your Creativity!

Saturday, May 1, 8pm-2am
at GAFFTA (55 Taylor St)
$15, cash bar available
http://bit.ly/alchemy2010

False Profit invites you to join us for an evening of interactive art,
exploration, and connection...

- The Bone Conductor lets you to listen to music directly through your
bones!

- A video floor that can only be described as HYPHAE.

- Equilibrium SF presents talks every hour on the hour! Hear inventor
Andreas Stadler present his work on neuro-feedback EEG mind-machines
(and try on the MetaMind headset), learn from Dr. Tristan Ursell why
you see the colors you see and how the brain distorts the world around
us, and work with artist M. Ryan Noble in a performance piece where he
becomes a living sculpture!

- You! Bring your own talk topic for unconference time slots. Accept
the unexpected.

- Karl Vorndran in an incredible synthesizer suit performance, "The
Tomorrow of the Future presents the Beginning of the End".

- And much more magic than we can fit into a single email...

http://false-profit.com/alchemy

(As usual, we'll have a limited number of tickets for Priceless on
sale at the door. Come early if you're looking to scoop up a ticket
for the campout, because they will go fast.)

Hope to see you there.

Jean