[Noisebridge-discuss] Thanks for hosting, kitchen warnings, and questions

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Sun Apr 4 20:41:31 UTC 2010

> I'm having trouble parsing your last question? Regular access? Both
> SSIDs noisebridge and noisebridge-a will toss you onto the general
> internal network with a DHCP lease containing our general internet
> gateway and DNS server. The gateway is NATed. At the moment we don't
> have any formal way of handing out public IP address over the local
> network for all to use.

It's the same question.   Unfortunately, I couldn't spend a lot of time
with that volunteer, so I don't know the specifics of their VPN issues.
 If they show up for another event at NB, we can do more serious
troubleshooting.  The other user with a VPN was on CISCO, so it might
easily have been Cisco issues.  It's just given the three issues, I
assumed that there was some peculiarily to the NB network, and the
people I asked on-site said there might be.

The NAT/DCHP setup should have worked with the VPN, I have no idea why
it didn't.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.