[Noisebridge-discuss] Getting a piano for NB

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 23:52:07 UTC 2010

real piano: lots and lots of space, needs tuning ($$ or someone willing
(snort))
fake piano: way less space, One time investment to get a good one.
Just my two cents.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Sai Emrys <sai at saizai.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com>
> wrote:
> > I can also tune pianos (not professionally but adequately).  The tuning
> > pegs won't fit a hex socket, they're round with two parallel flat
> > planes, but we can either rig something or buy a piano tuning peg tool.
>
> Yeah, I realized that. I meant the 24?-pointed sockets - the kind that
> are really just a whole bunch of ridges on the inside. Those might
> accommodate one.
>
> But yes, I bet a peg tool can't be all that expensive, if not.
>
> I'm going to start calling up the CL free piano ads to at least hear
> what they sound like.
>
> - Sai

doing stuff and making things
---
"The function of all art ... is an extension of the function of the visual
brain, to acquire knowledge; ...artists are, in a sense, neurologists who
study the capacities of the visual brain with techniques that are unique to
them. ." -Semir Zeki