[Noisebridge-discuss] Getting a piano for NB

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Apr 6 04:00:58 UTC 2010

These are both very good points.  Are they incompatible?  Piano playing
is not as close to the hacking theme that Noisebridge was founded on as
many other things are.  As someone who lives next to a piano teacher I
am *very* sympathetic to not wanting to listen to people practicing,
even if they are, as I am sure you all are, extremely good.  (I am not
very good but I do like to play, and even more, I like to sing while
being accompanied by a piano.  I can do this reasonably well.)

Might this be solved by consensing on various times that it is OK to
play piano, and other times when the piano is agreed to be silent?  Or
possibly a test period (a week? a month?) during which the piano can be
played any time, and afterwards we decide whether it was too disruptive
or not?  Maybe one Music Night per week?  What other ideas can we come
up with?

Rachel