[Noisebridge-discuss] Getting a piano for NB

davidfine d at vidfine.com
Fri Apr 9 01:02:42 UTC 2010

For the time being I will block on any notion to bring an acoustic piano
to Noisebridge. It's not a good use of the space. I'd support a digital
keyboard because they can be played quietly, stored out of the way, and
they provide a handy midi interface.

Checkout the Yamaha YPG-635, it has weighted hammers like an acoustic
and can be bought new for $560.
http://www.onlineluxury-shopping.com/product_info.php?products_id=4889&cPath=25
This keyboard has better tactile response than any cheap old upright
piano you're likely to find.

If you can't raise $600 from the community for an idea, it's probably
not that good an idea.
--D