[Noisebridge-discuss] Shapelock - Finalizing order

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Fri Apr 9 17:34:07 UTC 2010

So I haven't sent out invoices yet because I realised, it wasn't fair that I
was throwing an event for demoing it after I was collecting money.  So I
will send out invoices Monday.  Sorry for not being more on top of
mentioning this.  I was busy wrangling orb wranglers for Orb Swarm's
presence at California Academy of Science.

If you want, I can prepare your invoice after the event on Sunday.

In other news, Aaron of Tri-ISO says he might be able to piggy back our
order on to someone else's order...no promises...for a slight reduction in
cost.  More details as they emerge.  At this point, still assume $18 bucks
per Kilo.  It will most likely be $16.70 per kilo.  If this discount
happens, it may be as little as $15.50 per kilo... but at this point, a buck
per Kilo, we're splitting hairs and might not be a priority.

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com>wrote:

> OK!  So Dillo and I tested the two materials along side "Shapelock" and we
> have confirmed that CAPA 6800 is the material we want.  The 6500 is great to
> work with, but because of it's greater "Melt Flow Index" (rate at which
> material is extruded when standard force is applied) when in its semisolid
> form, it flows more freely, which is challenging when working by hand as the
> material oozes out of the shape formed.  I will not be entertaining having a
> split CAPA 6500/ CAPA 6800 order this time around.  The materials are not
> different enough to warrant complicating the order.  People working with
> molds may consider CAPA 6500 in the future, but, again, the differences are
> not that great.
>
> Thank you, Aaron, for the Samples.  Confidence in getting this order right
> is most helpful.
>
> So I am ready to start finalizing the order.  Please update the wiki with
> your final desired quantity.  I will start sending out invoices to everyone
> Wednesday.  I would like to place the order on Monday.  The Shapelock
> Party is still on for Sunday.  I'm going to collect some materials on how to
> work it and then demo it.  People who wish to pay me cash can pay me Sunday
> night.
>
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Polycaprolactone
>
> Everyone, assume $18 per KG.  I am fairly certain that the price will be
> sub $17, but until everything is finalized, we will not know.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>

> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 6:18 AM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com>wrote:
>
>> I just got 2KG of Shapelock, in record time!  I guess, in the world of
>> business, they mean business!
>>
>> I have one KG of CAPA 6500 and one of CAPA 6800.
>>
>> For all intents and purposes, the event Sunday, April 11th (Duh! Sorry
>> guys!) "Shapelock Sample Party" at 7pm is still on, but if people are
>> itching to get this order going, let me know and we can work something out.
>>  Keep in mind, I run a pretty tight schedule.  I have promised all my free
>> time next week to helping get OrbSwarm <http://blog.orbswarm.com> ready
>> for California Academy of Sciences on Thursday, and that will be no
>> small undertaking.
>>
>> I'd like to thank Aaron Rath of Tri-ISO for making this possible.  Once
>> the dust has settled on this order, I think you'll find us returning for
>> more business, especially when prototypes start turning in to products.

 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █ ▄▄▄ █ ▄  ▄▄▄▀▄  ▀▄▀ ▄▀█ █ ▄▄▄ █
 █ ███ █ ██▄█▀█▀▄▄█ ▄▄▄▀ █ █ ███ █
 █▄▄▄▄▄█ ▄▀▄ ▄▀▄ █ █▀▄ ▄ ▄ █▄▄▄▄▄█
 ▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▀ ▀▀ ▄▀ ██  ▄▀█ ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄
 ▀▀ ▀▄▄▄█▀▀ █▄█  █ ▄▀█▀ █  █▀ ▄▀ █
  █ ▄▀▀▄█▄▄  ▄██▄▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ █▄▀▄▀▀
 █ █▄█ ▄▄█▀▀ ▀▄▄▀█▀▄█▄█  ▀██ ▄▄▀▀
 ▄█▀▀ ▄▄▀ █▄▄ ▄█   ▄▄▄█ ▄▀█▄▄▄██▀▄
Success is a tasty spirit distilled from bitter failure
- Corey Sean McGuire