[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Flail: signup

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Tue Apr 20 09:27:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Josh Berkus <josh at agliodbs.com> wrote:
> First, depending on schedule (when are you doing this?) I'd be happy to
> be a speaker.  I figure I've had enough improve for it.

I don't have any real idea on date yet. Probably within a month.

> Also, I'd be happy to send you some OSCON and pgCON lightning talks
> slide sets to comb through.  Might need to FTP, though, some are quite
> large.

Perfect. Sending it over Skype (u/n saizai) is probably the easiest
way; if not I can set up a drop.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM, aestetix aestetix <aestetix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another fun idea would be to get a bunch of powerpoint presentations and
> build a new presentation out of random slides. Kinda like the random
> garfieldminusgarfield.

That's basically the idea - that plus some random weird shit thrown in.

I want to keep the text low and slides other than the first untitled
so as not to get in the way of the riff; I think that these were
detractions in the Notacon WSIIA setup.

IME minimalistic setups tend to allow for better riffs - think e.g.
the props on Whose Line and similar shows.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, this sounds like a blast.  Sign me up for the flailing bit too.
> Aren't there websites out there these days that just focus on storing and
> displaying power point presentations?  Seems like a great place to harvest
> random stuff, although the "random" might have to be vetted to prevent
> something of any substance from coming up.

There've got to be, but I don't know 'em. Link me. :-)

FWIW in case it wasn't obvious: please don't post titles or images to
list (email me offlist), and of course speakers are welcome to submit
stuff too but won't get slated to talk aboout their own material. ;-)

- Sai