[Noisebridge-discuss] decorating oddly-shaped spandex?

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 07:28:42 UTC 2010

I think a print is could hose you bad...just trying to plan for the
stretching and pulling will be a nightmare...even before the washing. Think
tattoo on some 90 year old boobs.

Why not try something that sits on top of the fabric but has its own backing
- stickers/patches (maybe?) To do pinstripes, maybe consider that weird
puffy paint shit (i.e.
http://www.ssww.com/item/color-splash-puffy-paint-PT3378/?cm_mmc=Data%20Feeds-_-Froogle-_-CMB-_-PT3378&cid=900&aid=FRG).
You'll be able to apply it like makeup after your face thingy is already
stretched out to avoid all the problems with trying to make your pinstripes
straight when the garmet is in non-spandex mode. Is the spandex thingy
expendable? Like, could you buy another if one got toasted? This is the big
problem you could hit with stitching...after several tense to relax
movements (*snicker*), the garment could get shredded.

Sean

...whose underwear is always in non-spandex mode