[Noisebridge-discuss] [Fwd: [gfaf] 23andme - $99 today]

Mikolaj Habryn dichro at rcpt.to
Fri Apr 23 18:54:58 UTC 2010

The 23andMe service has been getting slowly more interesting, but the killer
app of this whole thing is downloading your raw data and feeding it through
snpedia.com - I give you http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/User:Dichro as an
example, although you don't have to surrender your own details to get
similar results. There's a downloadable python program which will tediously
compare every SNP in your raw data against the research reports that snpedia
has collated and give you (generally terrible) synopses and links to further
data. It's brilliant.

m.