[Noisebridge-discuss] [Fwd: [gfaf] 23andme - $99 today]

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Apr 23 19:01:58 UTC 2010

This is the kind of stuff that my lab works on (I work at a UC Berkeley
Bioinformatic lab) -- it really is interesting stuff.. I can certainly join
with others and do a small workshop at noisebridge if anyone is interested

Glen

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Mikolaj Habryn <dichro at rcpt.to> wrote:

> The 23andMe service has been getting slowly more interesting, but the
> killer app of this whole thing is downloading your raw data and feeding it
> through snpedia.com - I give you
> http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/User:Dichro as an example, although you
> don't have to surrender your own details to get similar results. There's a
> downloadable python program which will tediously compare every SNP in your
> raw data against the research reports that snpedia has collated and give you
> (generally terrible) synopses and links to further data. It's brilliant.
>
> m.
>

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com>wrote:
>
>> This does seem to be the prices listed on the website.

Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe