[Noisebridge-discuss] can someone look something up for me in a forrest mimms book?

Michael C. Toren mct at toren.net
Sat Apr 24 20:28:04 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 04:10:59AM -0700, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> the circuit is a simple little noisemaker consisting of two 555 timers.
> IIRC, one generates a lower frequency that then modulates the second
> tone generator.
>
> i think it's called something something like "sound effects generator".
> not to be confused with his "stepped tone generator" which uses a single
> 556, and then went on to become the atari punk console.

Hi Michael,

I have a copy of Mims's 555 Timer book, and I took a few snapshots for
you of both the "Sound Effects Generator" circuit, and the "Stepped Tone
Generator" circuit (if others are curious about it).  You can view them
at:

http://images.netisland.net/mct/images/20100424-forrest-mims-555-timer-images/

(click the thumbnails for full-size versions)

Let me know if they aren't legible enough, or if you'd like to see any
other pages.

HTH,
-mct