[Noisebridge-discuss] how are my BT keyboard batteries getting drained?

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Fri Aug 20 20:42:58 UTC 2010

I've got a MS Natural BT keyboard and mouse... and for whatever
reason, once I go through the painful mating process to mate it to
Mythbuntu, within 2-3 days the batteries are dead.

They used to not exhibit this behavior.

I have a suspicion it has something to do with the number of bluetooth
devices in my area - I often see someone's Mac and several smart
phones when I do the pairing, which was not the case in my previous
residence.

However, they're not supposed to be discoverable except right after
powercycle or resetting them.  So anyone know a way that a BT device
could remotely drain the batteries?