[Noisebridge-discuss] evil genius bioengineering project

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Fri Aug 27 21:34:33 UTC 2010

So this has no relation to the Evil Genius book series, but I have a
book titled "Fantastic Electronics" that has a project involving gene
splicing.

The kit was (last I checked) available from Carolina something
something (carolina.com) and is called the "E-Z Gene Splicing and
Genetic Recombination Kit".  How could you not like that?

It's actually a really common procedure among bioengineers, and before
you get all paranoid, please understand you all already have lots of E
Coli inside of you.  A few strains are pathogenic, mostly to people
who are old, very young, or have weakened immune systems.  Obviously,
you should do your homework and read up on safety before starting.

I always wanted to do that, but don't have the time, so I figured I'd
pass that along.  I don't know if I'd recommend having it in the
space, even properly labelled, but that's not my call. ;-)
--
It asked me for my race, so I wrote in "human". -- The Beastie Boys