[Noisebridge-discuss] Possible move to bay area.

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Thu Aug 12 21:55:30 UTC 2010

Your rough NYC -> Bay Area conversion chart:

SF City -> Manhattan
Oakland -> Brooklyn
Marin -> Long Island
South Bay -> Jersey

...except that there's a big body of water in the middle there.

I understand Williamsburg to be analogous to the Mission?

This is a fun game, anybody else want to play?

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:

> Hey noisebridge kids,
>
>   Not sure if this is really appropriate for the list, but I hope it is.
>
>    I am Matt from NYC Resistor.  Due to a neat employment opportunity I may
> very shortly find myself moving to the Bay Area.
>
> I was hoping to get some input from anyone willing to give it.
>
> I would be working in mountainview, and right now am looking at possible
> neighborhoods to live in.  However there is a monkey in the wrench...  as a
> loyal son of NYC, I do not own a car nor drive pretty much ever.  So, it
> will take me time to rectify that.  Until then, I would like to make use of
> public transport / bike options.
>
> Knowing virtually nothing of the area, I'd love to hear some suggestions on
> where to live.  =D
>
> Or anything else anyone would like to shout out.
>
> Regards,
>    Matt Joyce

Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700