[Noisebridge-discuss] MAME Cabinet today

Alex Handy alexhandy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 00:30:55 UTC 2010

On Aug 15, 2010, at 1:36 PM, Jonathan Foote wrote:

> Is there info on cable pinout and connectors? (DIN or Mini-DIN for
> PS/2? USB A, B, or mini-something?)

Here's info on what we need: we have the single-stick X-Arcade, but it should be functionally similar to the dual stick.

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/downloads/XArcade%20English%20Manual.pdf

Page 4 shows the cable connections used, but the actual pinouts are non-standard, since X-arcade wants you to buy their cable. This fellow made his own:

http://tomcrampton.com/blog/index.php?c=1&more=1&pb=1&tb=1&title=the_x_arcade_saga

The schematic on that page, my friend Don tried to build today, but it did not work. Feel free to use this attempt to construct the next attempt. it is plugged into the stick right now at the space. When the light on the stick turns on, you'll know you've got it right.