[Noisebridge-discuss] The MAME Cabinet

Alex Handy alexhandy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 00:34:38 UTC 2010

OK, so the MAME box is now set up and working. The joystick is the only thing left to implement.

For anyone who wants to play games on the MAME cabinet, the computer also has dozens of other emulators and roms and games, so feel free to use any of them. Sorry, but the box has to run Windows, but it's a valid copy.

I left the system running MAME. Choose a game, then wait for it to load (You have to type "OK" when a black box comes up on screen to start the emulation). Once the game has loaded, hit 5 or 6 to insert coins, and 1 or 2 for 1 player or 2 player.

Everyone is invited to play games on this machine. Please do not damage it or fiddle with the file structure. Also, please don't move the machine.

When we do build a cabinet for the machine, ideally there will be 4 joysticks and a keyboard/mouse and trackball. That's gonna make the cabinet tough to build, but I'm sure Noisebridge is up to the challenge.