[Noisebridge-discuss] Flattr micropayment system - possible revenue for Noisebridge?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Aug 19 05:37:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:20:35PM -0700, travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org wrote:
> It's rare, but there are two reasons this might have happend.

Bullshit.  Everyone I know who receives payments from more than 10
people via Paypal has had their account frozen at least once.  (This
includes Noisebridge and multiple small business owners.)  The rationale
is never spelled out, and the CSRs play the stupid power games of tinpot
dictators everywhere.  If/when they finally unfreeze it, the reason for
the freeze and the reason for the unfreeze is never provided; no
guidance for avoiding red flags is ever given; answers to questions are
almost always nonexistent and when provided are inconsistent with the
facts and the CSRs previous statements; and apologies are never given.
The CSRs claim that they have significant rulemaking latitude which they
claim to (ab)use on a regular basis.

Paypal's compliance department is incompetent, malicious, uncontrolled,
untransparent, and probably underfunded.  Please tell your insiders to
fix it.  If they can't, I'd recommend you sell your stock.

-andy