[Noisebridge-discuss] Flattr micropayment system - possible revenue for Noisebridge?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Thu Aug 19 16:54:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Rameen <emprameen at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do we go about setting up a local micropayment system?
> Doesn't make sense that we have to pay middlepersons for other people's
> donations and payments, however convenient the methods.

Err, it does.  The only free ways to accept money are cash, and, depending
on your bank, checks.  We have a bukkit for the former, and one may assail
board members with the latter.  Everything else goes through a payment
processor of some sort, who will take 3% (at our volume).

Money is surprisingly expensive.
--
/jbm