[Noisebridge-discuss] who wants to buy an arduino at the workshop tonight?

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Fri Aug 20 18:38:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:00:16AM -0700, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> > But, it'd be *very* nice if you had a way of putting supplies in
> > noisebridge so we can pay and pick up. A more secure system would be a
> > set of safes with changable pin numbers so that we tell you what we want
> > by email, you drop it off in a safe and tell the pin, and then we pick
> > it up -- it'd be obvious who has paid or hasn't paid -- but that's such
> > an overkill and expensive solution for what volume you're dealing with.

That's odd, my friend came up with a very similar design for a
completely different purpose - I think it was an anonymous object
transfer system.  His was a little more involved; the boxes would be
moved around from time to time, and only one person could be in the
room with them at a time, like a bank vault.  The vault room worked as
a kind of tor-like system, decoupling who dropped off from who picked
up ;-)

Or you could just hide the objects somewhere and securely transfer the
geocoords to him.

You could accomplish your purpose much more cheaply and reasonably
well with some sealable envelopes and writing someone's name on them
and putting them in a common bin, if they didn't have a shelf...
--
Travis is an organic computer peripheral.