[Noisebridge-discuss] who wants to buy an arduino at the workshop tonight?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Aug 20 19:07:52 UTC 2010

For what it's worth, I hadn't heard more on this, so didn't stop by to pick
up an ethernet shield. I didn't know if there was one or where it would be
if there were.

Cheers,

Glen

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM,
<travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org<travis%2Bml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org>
> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:00:16AM -0700, Michael Shiloh wrote:
> > > But, it'd be *very* nice if you had a way of putting supplies in
> > > noisebridge so we can pay and pick up. A more secure system would be a
> > > set of safes with changable pin numbers so that we tell you what we
> want
> > > by email, you drop it off in a safe and tell the pin, and then we pick
> > > it up -- it'd be obvious who has paid or hasn't paid -- but that's such
> > > an overkill and expensive solution for what volume you're dealing with.
>
> That's odd, my friend came up with a very similar design for a
> completely different purpose - I think it was an anonymous object
> transfer system.  His was a little more involved; the boxes would be
> moved around from time to time, and only one person could be in the
> room with them at a time, like a bank vault.  The vault room worked as
> a kind of tor-like system, decoupling who dropped off from who picked
> up ;-)
>
> Or you could just hide the objects somewhere and securely transfer the
> geocoords to him.
>
> You could accomplish your purpose much more cheaply and reasonably
> well with some sealable envelopes and writing someone's name on them
> and putting them in a common bin, if they didn't have a shelf...
> --
> Travis is an organic computer peripheral.
> My emails do not have attachments; it's a digital signature that your mail
> program doesn't understand. | http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
> If you are a spammer, please email john at subspacefield.org to get
> blacklisted.

Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe