[Noisebridge-discuss] Audio data transfer protocols that work over VOIP

Moxie Marlinspike moxie at thoughtcrime.org
Wed Aug 25 03:40:26 UTC 2010

You can have your VoIP link negotiate G.711, in which case you can just
shove the output of a soft modem through that.  SPEEX has some
mechanisms for shoving signaling data into the audio stream itself,
which you might be able to use for your data channel.  For any ACELP
codec, I don't think you're going to find anything off the shelf for
encoding data at a reasonable bitrate on top of it -- although that'd be
a cool research project!

- moxie

--
http://www.thoughtcrime.org