[Noisebridge-discuss] Servers

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 19:04:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Carl Sue
> <carl.sue at phoenixembeddedsystems.com> wrote:
>> hey everyone
>> ok so a few days ago I asked about a server I could barrow for a few days to
>> a few weeks tell we get ours. I found the "Noisebridge Media server" which
>> is marked as a power hog, and a mass storage server. I should have them back
>> some time next month at the latest unless someone asks me to bring them back
>
> I've never noticed a machine labeled "Noisebridge Media server"
> before. What is the form factor of the machine?
>
> I did label some 2U rackmount hosts that were donated to Noisebridge
> as something like "Draws ~250 Watts w/ both CPUS!". I hope you don't
> expect any kind of reliability from these. They were on the hack shelf
> for a reason...

these were those machines.  I labelled them as such in the search for
a SAN type media server for hosting 5mof and other related that anyone
could edit or copy in the space.  Afaik they have some connection to a
donation from sfzero and I'm happy to see them being used after
collecting dust for so long.

-rma