[Noisebridge-discuss] 20 under 20 fellowship : $100 K for teenagers to pursue big goals

Christopher Rasch crasch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:05:21 UTC 2010

Thought this would be of interest...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Future Camp] 20 Under 20 -- Exciting Times!
Date: 	Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:41:36 -0800
From: 	Danielle Strachman

I hope you all are doing really really well.  We've been doing some
brainstorming for Future Camp 2011 already...just you wait :).

I'm emailing today because I'm hoping that you can help me spread the
word on a new project I'm on that shows real promise for changing
education paradigms.

Do you know anyone who's 18 or 19 years old and wants to create
breakthroughs in science/tech?  They'll get an amazing opportunity and
funding!  Might you have a list that you can send on this info/flier
to?  We really want to get the word out to promising students.

See the copy below about the fellowship.

Thanks,

Danielle

~~~

We have an exciting fellowship program called 20 Under 20 and we hope
that your most entrepreneurial and science/tech minded students will
apply. We’re looking to give $100,000 each to 20 people under the age of
20 years old to carry out whatever big ideas they have that they want to
pursue right now.  We’re open to all sorts of worthy goals and we want
to help the next generation become better innovators.

We think that these fellows will make a lasting impression on our world
and we’d love for your program to be involved in making that difference.
  The free application is due December 31.

I would really appreciate your help in spreading the word.  Could you
pass this information on to students?  Or hang a flier (see attached)?
  Also, is there someone that you would recommend that I talk to about
this fellowship?  We could also have one of our team members come to
give a presentation.  Please let me know if you’re interested.

For more info please see 20Under20.org <http://20under20.org/>or be in
touch.

--
Danielle

~~~

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm - Ralph Waldo Emerson