[Noisebridge-discuss] where are the bicycles + locks, I still need one to use quite a lot

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:27:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi to All!
> I wonder where are the bicycles especially the black old fashioned one? It
> has
> functional lock and stainless steel cord on it and I've the key and it is
> at
> least $20 to buy new basic lock system. I'm leaving the next week and in
> the
> next few days I will be really busy and bicycle will be really helpful. I
> certainly did not expected that all functional bicycles will be gone
> without
> saying that they are going. I feel that this is quite pretty wasteful and I
> did
> not got the sense from the last meeting that they are going to be moved so
> fast,
> this is quite a complication.
>

> Or am I wrong and there is another functional bicycle with complete lock
> system
> in the place? Where is it please?

This is why donating a bike to Noisebridge is a bad idea:  The common
alternate endpoint for our bike sharing system is someone's living room,
which is really hard for the *next* person to get into and get the shared
bike out of.

Is post-scarcity bike economics really over? Was this bike rack crowding at
Noisebridge all just a bicycle bubble?

ps I bet someone had your bike in their living room for the night.