[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Performance art: venue or event to join in SF on 12/11?

Aaron Muszalski sfslim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 02:17:33 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barbara F <barbarafried at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Subject: Performance art: venue or event to join in SF on 12/11?
To: Dick Poeske <1AugustDP at gmail.com>

Hey there,

A friend is looking for a performance space (or event to join) in S.F. for
some European friends who want to perform.   Ideas?  It's a Saturday night 9
days from now, Dec. 11.  (They're performing in Davis the night before at
the John Natsulas Gallery.)  So, if y'all know a space or event, talk to
Dickie at the above email address, please.  He wrote:

They are looking for a place to perform.. possibly at an event or venue that
is already scheduled. One that fits their unique style of expression.  There
will be 6-8 performers that would be willing to perform for free ..Indoor or
out.  Their typical performance is 15-20 minutes.  There is a lot of info on
their website: http://www.nongrata.ee/

<http://www.nongrada.ee/>
They also have clips on youtube.  Here's one of them performing somewhere...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HucoaQD5esQ

I know it very short notice... regardless if they can find a venue they will
be in SF doing some street performances.. Which are really really fun!! '

Also if you search Google for nongrata performance you'll come up with a
bunch.  I guess they are from Estonia, plus a few other countries.
http://www.grace-exhibition-space.com/performance.php?event_id=19
http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/artcolleges/ArtCollege/Academia+Non+Grata/4991.html/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hragvartanian/sets/72157605508741652/with/2563172170/

Happy Chanukah, blessings,