[Noisebridge-discuss] The Boxshop needs help making an app for our alarm system

Ray waywardengineer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 09:06:06 UTC 2010

Hey noisebridgers,
I'm a part of the Boxshop- if you haven't heard of it, it's an art
shop and a little like noisebridge but with metal and fire. Awhile
ago, I built an Arduino based security system, and it's been working
pretty well but I want to add functionalities to it like having it be
able to call or sms people if it goes off and to be able to login
online and do stuff with it. What I want to do is have an app running
on a PC that will interface with the alarm brain over rs-232, and with
an online api over http. I can do embedded programming and web
programming, but feel a little lost doing an app on a pc. Is anyone
interested in helping out on this?
Cheers
Ray