[Noisebridge-discuss] The Boxshop needs help making an app for our alarm system

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Sun Dec 12 17:15:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 01:06:06AM -0800, Ray wrote:
> Awhile
> ago, I built an Arduino based security system, and it's been working
> pretty well but I want to add functionalities to it like having it be
> able to call or sms people if it goes off and to be able to login
> online and do stuff with it. What I want to do is have an app running
> on a PC that will interface with the alarm brain over rs-232, and with
> an online api over http. I can do embedded programming and web
> programming, but feel a little lost doing an app on a pc. Is anyone
> interested in helping out on this?

Yes.

I've had alarm system ideas cooking for a while, and been meaning
to do some more work on them.  Maybe we can collaborate.

Here's my ideas so far:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/alarm_system/

There's also a mailing list where we can discuss further.

I know over at AMT they're looking at the same kind of thing, some
kind of access control and alarm system.

There's also this, mentioned recently here:
http://code.google.com/open-access-control
--
Good code works on most inputs; correct code works on all inputs.