[Noisebridge-discuss] Financial update

Noisebridge Treasurer treasurer at noisebridge.net
Thu Dec 23 14:03:38 UTC 2010

Personal update:
I left on the 15th for London, and spent the first several days after
that at the ACM DEV conference in Royal Holloway. We left there on the
20th, but internet access has been spotty and expensive and otherwise
British since then, so I apologize for the radio silence. Today I
spent £15 for 24 hours worth of internet, and I'll try to get through
as much backlog as I can today. I'll be back in the states (though not
in CA) starting the 24th, so I will be gradually more reachable from
then until Jan 3rd when I return to the bay area.

Treasurer's report:
Our aggregate bank balance is $14,025.46 after paying January's rent,
which puts us very close to our target prudent reserve of $15,000.
Thanks to everyone who donated!

I'm still reconciling December, but November already shows some
improvement in the basic income categories:
Member Dues: $3400 (up from ~2700)
Donations: $3673.62 (up from $630 and $365 for the two prior months)
Beverage and tshirt income hasn't stabilized in data quality yet to
mean anything, but I'm starting to get an idea of those income sources
and will report details in the future.
Current # of members in good standing: 41
Members of uncomfirmed standing: 20
The unconfirmed members are slowly transitioning to either good
standing or hiatus.

More details on how December is shaping up and details from the
membership audit next week.

-Kelly