[Noisebridge-discuss] DHS/ICE seizing domains

Sai noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Dec 1 23:44:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Anselm Hook <anselm at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://digitizor.com/2010/12/01/the-pirate-bay-co-founder-starting-a-p2p-based-dns-to-take-on-icann/

Interesting. (FYI: EfNet #dns-p2p / http://p2pdns.baywords.com/)

I hope they succeed.

> It makes me wonder what it would take to really block something on the
> net - controlling enough routers and advertising shorter routes?

Hardly a hypothetical, alas. China's done it quite well, modulo Tor.
And US politicians have expressed a desire for the same kind of
control over the internet. I think it's only a matter of time before
they make a play for it.

Hopefully we'll be prepared to counter a Great Firewall before they
manage to do so. :-/

- Sai