[Noisebridge-discuss] Broadband in SF: Comcast or Sonic?

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Tue Dec 7 01:13:21 UTC 2010

On 12/6/10 5:02 PM, Corey McGuire wrote:
> huh.  I have a Speakeasy Bidness plan and I never have trouble.
> However, I am not in "the city".  I plan to move there, so if they suck
> in "the city", I'd love to know why ;-)

Real throughput has declined.  More importantly, I signed up with
Speakeasy originally because as a business premium customer ($110/month)
I got an SLA and on a phone call to tech support got through to support
instantly via a premium support line.

Well, over the last year, they've removed both the premium support line
and changed the terms of the SLA: neither uptime nor bandwidth are
really guarenteed anymore.  There's also been issues with billing where
they've double-billed me and been very slow to straighten things out.
Their staff have gone from being customer-friendly and helpful to being
grumpy, hostile and disgruntled.

At this point, I'm getting the same service from them ... or less ..
that I'd get from Sonic for $60/month.  So why should I pay Speakeasy
$110?  It's not like they're an independant local company anymore.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.