[Noisebridge-discuss] Should NB mirror WikiLeaks?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Dec 7 22:28:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 11:17:02AM -0600, Sai wrote:
> http://wikileaks.ch/mass-mirror.html
>
> Insert the obvious here.

Sai,

Please stop trying to require other people to do things.

If you want to set up a mirror, go ahead.  (I did --
wikileaks.hexapodia.org has been up since Sunday.)

Both the noisebridge.net VM and the networking gear at 2169 are
oversubscribed and/or underspecced, so I didn't consider adding a mirror
there.

If any Noisebridger sets up a mirror and suggests that
wikileaks.noisebridge.net be pointed at it, we can discuss it at that
point.  (I'm inclined towards adding the DNS A record, but I'd be
willing to listen to arguments against.)

But, I find it incredibly odious how you "come up with a good idea" and
then expect that someone else will do the work.

I'd be fine if you were suggesting "I'd like to set this up, but I can't
afford the hosting costs on my own; would anyone like to chip in?"  But
that's not what you suggested here, nor is it the pattern you've
exhibited in the past.

Noisebridge is a doocracy.  Please do things rather than telling others
to do them.

-andy