[Noisebridge-discuss] Should NB mirror WikiLeaks?

Sai sai at saizai.com
Tue Dec 7 22:36:01 UTC 2010

…
…
> I'd be fine if you were suggesting "I'd like to set this up, but I can't
> afford the hosting costs on my own; would anyone like to chip in?"

Actually, those are exactly what I was suggesting. I'm already
implementing my own small mirror. So I think you just contradicted
yourself. What exactly do you think I'm "requiring other people to do"
that's not one of those two?

Please stop mischaracterizing what I say, like with here where you act
as if a suggestion for group discussion is an attempt to control or
force individuals to do something rather than to ask openly for their
input.

If I had root and access to NB's DNS settings—like you do—I would
already have implemented it. Give me access, and I will. As it is, I
have to ask.

And even if I could do it myself, and did, I would still think it's
something that should be discussed, because it has potentially serious
political and legal entailments.

- Sai