[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge android app - beta 2 ( download it! )

L E lexein-esc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 07:31:38 UTC 2010

Patrick -
Looks great on my HTC Sprint Hero ( 528 MHz processor, running HTC's 2.21 +
update to 2.31)

On all  buttons on the main screen, I notice a lag from touch (fast tap or long
press) until button-turns-green-and-action-begins of about 1.5-2.0  seconds.
The <- hard button, must be pressed for 2 seconds, whereas in almost all other
apps, it's instant.

The OS-related buttons seem to be instantly responsive, by  comparison.
Example: "Noisebridge Website" lags, but "Cancel" on the "OK"/"Cancel" screen
responds  instantly.

I wonder if this is related to the dev framework, or polling vs event-driven, or
the CPU being kept busy while the app is waiting for input, or other apps I
have loaded?