[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge package delivery policy

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Dec 14 22:35:15 UTC 2010

Well we don't have a policy as such.  Personally I suggest having things
delivered elsewhere and bringing them to NB, unless you can arrange to
be there to receive the package (difficult if you don't have a small
window of time for the delivery).

There is usually someone at the space but they probably won't have any
idea what to do with a delivered package.  It's very hard to push
information of that kind to EVERYONE who might need it, as many people
who go there aren't on the mailing list or IRC, or (as far as I can
tell) read notices posted on the walls.

Mail -- letters -- gets put in a mailbox attached to the front gate, for
all tenants of the building.  The letterbox opening is big enough for
all but the largest hands.  Noisebridge receives official mail at a
different address:

 Noisebridge
 2215-R Market Street #235
 San Francisco, CA  94114

Note that this doesn't get checked often and isn't set up for large
packages.

Really the best thing, if possible, is to have the package sent to
yourself or someone you've arranged with, who can then bring it to NB
and handle it appropriately.  If it's not too big to bring by bicycle, I
will volunteer to receive the package and deliver it to NB, contact me
offlist if you want to discuss this.

Rachel