[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge package delivery policy

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Dec 14 22:28:33 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Patrick Keys wrote:

> Google wants to send me a free Logitech Revue Google TV box:
> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/smartTV/revue
>
> I would like to get it sent directly to Noisebridge so we can all screw
> around with it.
>
> So here's my questions:
> * What's the policy on getting packages delivered to noisebridge?

To my knowledge, there is no official policy about this. Feel free to send things to Noisebridge.

> * Where does noisebridge incoming mail actually go?

If it will fit, there's a small mailbox on the front gate. If not, a delivery person may ring the buzzer.

> * Will somebody with some experience please tell me: what happens when
> UPS and/or FedEx attempts to deliver a package to noisebridge?

Sometimes someone is there, sometimes not. The safest bet is to be there the day you expect the package to arrive so that someone can get it. Short of that, talk to someone that is there frequently to see if they'll keep an eye out for your package.

Cheers,
jof