[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge package delivery policy

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Dec 14 23:41:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 02:28:33PM -0800, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Patrick Keys wrote:
> > Google wants to send me a free Logitech Revue Google TV box:
> > http://www.logitech.com/en-us/smartTV/revue
> >
> > I would like to get it sent directly to Noisebridge so we can all
> > screw around with it.
> >
> > So here's my questions:
> > * What's the policy on getting packages delivered to noisebridge?
>
> To my knowledge, there is no official policy about this. Feel free to
> send things to Noisebridge.

True, there is no policy.  (We have very few policies.  Some would say,
we have zero policies.)

However, I personally would never have a package addressed to
Noisebridge, because there's no guarantee that anyone in particular
will be at 2169 when a package arrives.  So, it's easy for your package
to get lost, or nobody be available and package gets returned to sender,
or someone receives it and decides it'd be great for making into a Giant
Robot, or whatever.

Of course, if you're willing to hang out at NB for the entire day that
UPS says the package will be delivered -- and you make sure that the
door buzzer works -- and you leave a note for the UPS guy at the front
gate -- then it's definitely possible.

-andy