[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge: Death and Taxes

Lamont Lucas lamont at cluepon.com
Mon Dec 20 23:55:54 UTC 2010

On 12/20/10 3:33 PM, Patrick Keys wrote:
> My conversation with Kelly was ultimately that she lives in Berkeley,
> rarely visits Noisebridge, and that she has little motivation to do much
> with Noisebridge because of her busy graduate-school plans and living in
> Berkeley.

I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think you lack a little
history and perspective on the matter.

Kelly has made fantastic improvements in the books in the few months
since she took over, and I'm hoping she'll continue to make progress in
the new year.  The main issue seems to be getting people who were going
to pay to actually pay, and that's a slow process.

It is premature and I think a little insulting, to suggest that since
the process is not somehow transparent to you (and specifically during
the holidays where she and others are traveling) that it is somehow not
up to snuff or that we're in immediate danger of collapse.

I suggest reading the -discuss archives on or about 9/14 of this year to
see where we've been and what the past was.  There was a great deal of
discussion on software, as well as a wishlist for features that you
could quite helpfully contribute to, I'm sure.