[Noisebridge-discuss] Reporter from Mission Local last Thursday night asking about Julian Assange

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 01:57:34 UTC 2010

I just got off the phone with the reporter in question. They were very
polite, and it turns out it was all just a miscommunication. I think we're
cool now.

In the future, it might be a good idea to simply say "I'm not really
comfortable speaking on behalf of Noisebridge" and refer press people to
press at noisebridge.net. It's pretty easy to tell when you're talking to
press, as they're required to identify themselves, usually by "Hey, I'm Tim
from Indymedia" or something. The key is to not be afraid of them, because
most of the time they're just doing their job.