[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge: Death and Taxes

jim jim at systemateka.com
Tue Dec 21 19:21:36 UTC 2010

   As to the PG&E bill, we should deprecate using space
heaters. most of the heat ( == energy == current == $$$)
rises into the ceiling sunlight wells.

   also, thanks to michael kan's favorite temperature
detector, we can see that circuits for both heaters and
the old, inefficient flourescent ceiling lamps are
carrying lots of current. 't will save one or two
hundred a month if we break the consecutive series of
light fixtures up so we use fewer.
   rather than light up the entire space, maybe light
up specific work areas when we're using them (and
unlight them as we leave).
   we can save a little more if we install more modern
flourescent light fixtures.
   assuming someone donates sufficient LEDs, we can
save even more by using LED lights.

   the circuits for the rack room are carrying a fair
amount of current. perhaps not everything in the rack
should be on 24/7?

   any use of heat is expensive. cooking, too. eat raw
foods?

   maybe we can put out energy jars here and there and
ask people using lights, computers, cooking, etc. to
chip in? (maybe with instructions not to use the money
to buy light bulbs.)

   i can (and will) deal with some of this. i can do
more work more quickly with some help. please email
ON LIST if you can volunteer to help with the above.