[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge propaganda

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:55:13 UTC 2010

Jeez... I used the word "propaganda" entirely as a joke.  I did not mean
propaganda in the literal sense.

I asked about the flyers because it seems like somebody should run it by
the group before doing something on behalf of noisebridge.  Printing a
bunch of flyers about noisebridge and on behalf of noisebridge and
handing them out to people seems incredibly rude and presumptuous
without discussing it first with the larger group.

Regardless of what it is, there's a lot of people that show up here only
once a week or less often and don't follow all the noisebridge details.
  Something tangible that they can take, lose in all their other stuff,
and then find later on is something tangible to let people know that we
seriously welcome them and want them at noisebridge.

As for lots of discussion about the money situation the last couple of
days... I had requested awhile back that serious discussion about money
matters and fund-raising activities be moved to a dedicated list for
those serious about such discussion.  That discuss thread was titled
"meeting notes 2010-11-30" The response I got was:
"I have an opinion.  I'd like to see discussion of vital NB concerns
like money, remain on the general list.  I don't want to make it easy
for people to ignore that we're in financial trouble, nor hide the
progress we're making on turning that around."

Patrick