[Noisebridge-discuss] Vending machines

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Dec 22 09:18:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 01:04:39AM -0800, Nicholas Iannone wrote:
> So I've been looking into the costs of a vending machine, after the
> discussion at the business meeting and it looks like we can get a
> fairly standard used soda vending machine off craigslist for around
> 300 - 500 bucks.
>
> I stand by my offer to contribute $100 toward it and also offer to
> take care of delivery and negotiations etc if we can get enough money
> together.
>
> I've got emails out to a few sellers and can probably do some more
> legwork tomorrow. Looking for feedback and fellow contributors.

We've long held that "any vending machine at Noisebridge will
immediately get hacked".  (This was one of our very first arguments
after moving into the first Noisebridge space at 83c Wiese.)

However, at the meeting this evening Shannon pointed out that actually,
people don't do very much hacking at Noisebridge.

He has a point.

Therefore, I'm willing to pitch in $60 towards a soda vending machine.
Please let me know where to Paypal the money to you, Nick.  You may also
wish to create a Wiki page for people to sign up on, similar to
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Microscope

I hope someone proves Shannon wrong by taking all the money out of the
machine and putting it in our bank account.

-andy