[Noisebridge-discuss] Sleeping at NB

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Dec 23 00:17:42 UTC 2010

On 12/22/2010 03:49 PM, Christopher Nielsen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 15:38, Patrick Keys <citizenkeys at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's nobody officially in charge here, including you.
>> So there's no reason to kiss anybody's ass about the "rules".
>
> Similarly, this is a do-ocracy. If people want to photograph sleepers
> in the space to shame them, they can do so. Likewise, you can remove
> the photos from the wiki. Is either action excellent behavior?
> Probably not, but that's just my opinion. I don't think using
> Noisebridge as a crashpad is excellent behavior either; it violates
> the lease agreement. BTW, You're not in charge either.

Actually, I think photographing someone and branding them as some kind
of Noisebridge outcast is a totally fucked up move. Yeah, they can
remove a photo if they know - do the sleeping people know? Can they
erase the photo before Google finds it?

Anyway, I'm not clear that some people napping violates the lease. It's
an appeal to authority to get upset about the lease. The landlord
doesn't appear to care about anything except money and not burning the
place to the ground. Remember: it was called a sweatshop before it was
Noisebridge.

All the best,
Jake