[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge.net on Google Apps

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Dec 23 01:57:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 04:49:30PM -0800, Leif Ryge wrote:
> Also, currently no individuals have @noisebridge.net email addresses,
> and I don't see any reason why anybody should.

If any group of Noisebridge members would like to run a mail forwarder
or email system, such as members.noisebridge.net, I think that would
be a pretty cool project.  It's a ton of work and a lot of annoying
administrative paperwork, though, and you're signing up to make a lot of
hard decisions that will piss people off.  And, you're signing up to
keep people's private information private.  It's a huge burden, which is
a big part of why we decided not to do it on noisebridge.net.

I'd probably want to walk through a consensus process if the name is
"official sounding" like members.noisebridge.net, but a quick hack like
kiang.noisebridge.net I'd be comfortable throwing up as soon as there's
somewhere to point it.

-andy