[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge-discuss Digest, Vol 38, Issue 22

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 02:53:46 UTC 2010

I go to both places but I do vastly different things while I am there. I am
curious to see how techshop's sf location develops. It never seemed like
there was a ton of member interaction at menlo park, although after years I
am friends with lots of the staff.

I think this touches on the issue that moxie raised at the end of his email:
the difference between community vs public space. I disagree with him
though: Noisebridge is both. The community component of noisebridge is very
different than the public. It is messy and chaotic, just like the facility.
I think that to a lot of people, it is hard to just dive in because every
other aspect of our lives is agressively normalized by The System.

For me, noisebridge is a community of hackers who maintain a free public
hackerspace.  I grew up seeking knowledge at free public libraries. This
resource that we provide, now that there's the internet, is more important.

mediumreality.com