[Noisebridge-discuss] Sleeping at NB

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 15:47:21 UTC 2010

Hey jacob,

I think it is a little odd that you keep harping on how people "should"
approach the sleepers without leading by example.  Do you want to lead the
noisebridge outreach program?  It is easy to jest about the meetings but
they are where what you are suggesting actually happens - real-world face to
face discussion and problem-solving.  That flavor of drama comes with snacks
instead of carpal tunnel syndrome.

You can write off me and my opinion by being flip, but I am already hacking
the motherfucking planet. Noisebridge is on it, so are you, and I am hacking
that bitch.  If you want to come to the space at 3am and start fights with
whoever is sleeping feel free, but if I was desperate enough for sleep to
cuddle up to one of those couches, i'd rather you took my picture than woke
my ass up.  Regardless, my concern here is not specific incidents of
unexcellent sleeping, but general snarky BS that is in the way of people who
are regularly present and are actively trying, in a physical face to face
space, to steer the culture. If I use the word hack instead of steer does
this sound less authoritarian to you? Like any organism it is constantly
evolving. You are telling people to make it evolve your way, and the tactics
they should use to do so.  It's at odds with your refrain of "talk to people
in person" and "don't push them around".

if you want to discuss this in person over a glass of sudo pop, I am almost
always at circuit hacking mondays.

mediumreality.com