[Noisebridge-discuss] Sleeping at NB

Steve Castellotti sc at puzzlebox.info
Thu Dec 23 21:30:59 UTC 2010

On 12/22/2010 06:12 PM, TeeTrizZz wrote:
> It's funny how people ignore that we talked about 'sleeping at noisebridge'.
> Saw two people sleeping at NB today. At least one of them stayed here the
> whole night and slept 'till 3pm. Funily enough, it's always the same bunch
> of people.

     Just to add to The Thread That Shall Not Die (tm), two quick ideas:

     How bout parking meters for the couches? Perhaps a dollar machine
hooked up to a green light bulb? You want to crash on the couch, insert
$5 for the next 6 hours. When time is up a snooze alarm goes off.
Meanwhile folks who would otherwise be annoyed by your presence will see
that at least you're contributing financially to Noisebridge.

     Or hell, just duct tape an alarm clock to the ceiling set for 5 and
6 AM, perhaps with the "off" button wired down by the entrance. Anyone
who is crashing there just because they can should be sufficiently
annoyed to stop doing so after a few nights. Anyone pulling an
all-nighter and actually working should be conscious enough to walk over
and kill the noise. Something non-audible could be rigged with lights
and electrical timers, but if you can easily reach and unscrew the bulbs
it won't work for long.

<personal opinion>
     FWIW I do think people sleeping at NB detracts from the atmosphere
and (what I at least perceive as) the purpose of the space. Sleeping
isn't contributing.
</personal opinion>

Cheers

Steve