[Noisebridge-discuss] Vending Machine

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Fri Dec 24 05:39:52 UTC 2010

This is splendid. +1 to get it.

A few things: vending machines are much better insulated than
refrigerators -- they are designed to work in the sun in the desert --
plus they have no door. So they are pretty much the most efficient
choice for cold drinks.

And we can make one slot a "donation" slot, and maybe put some cool
stuff in empty bottles as a reward (electronic parts? Stickers?
Poems?)

And that giant  front panel is just begging for some kind of cool LED display.

While a syrup system may be cheaper, there are maintenance and
cleaning issues (dirty dishes tragedy-of-the-commons, anyone? Did you
know it's not permitted to transport CO2 tanks in a passenger car?)
And it's not as much fun to put it on the internet.

Get the machine.