[Noisebridge-discuss] misc FPGA questions

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Sun Dec 26 06:01:23 UTC 2010

Haven't personally used it, but this $150 FPGA board looks like a
great entry point. It's USB-programmable and Linux-friendly, though
you still need the Xilinx tools to compile code for it (AFAIK FPGA
software toolchains are tightly coupled to the hardware manufacturers
and there there are few or no open-source alternatives, though they
have free-beer versions)

I know Bob does FPGA workshops based on his board, maybe we could get
him to come and give one here.