[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting notes are up

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 20:44:56 UTC 2010

It's pretty hard to get a proxy at the meeting every week. This is
definitely something that should be readily available to all who care.

I don't really understand the privacy concern. If you don't want your
full name associated with Noisebridge, don't put it in the membership
binder or use a pseudonym. We eventually put at least the first name
in the meeting notes when a member is confirmed. The membership
process isn't secretive.

I think that "privacy issues" is one of the common excuses for
laziness at Noisebridge. We can't keep consistent records because that
would threaten privacy! Privacy on the internet requires diligence on
the part of the anonymous person, and basic respect from everyone
else, not blanket vagueness and negligent record keeping.

-K